Exciting Ottawa Day Camps in Robotics For Children Ages 8 to 14.
Looking for an Ottawa Day Camp activity for your child that’s not only fun but educationally practical for today’s world. Ottawa Robotics Academy is offering robotics programs for children ages 8 through 14 in the greater Ottawa area.
Register Here for the next session or
Call 613 265 6446
Ottawa Day Camps in Robotics are Fun, Exciting, and Educational
Our Ottawa after school programs, weekend, and day camp robotics promise to combine the fun and excitement of video related games and toys with the educational value of assembling and programming a functional real-life robot.
The program uses the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education robotic kit that enables students to discover Science,
Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. The icon-based LEGO Mindstorms Education NXT Software is built on the LabVIEW™ software from National Instruments, an industry standard with applications in many engineering and research fields.
Ottawa Robotics Academy after school programs and day camps will teach the fundamentals of robotics including hands-on construction of mobile robots that are currently used in school competitions throughout the world today. Children will learn to assemble, program, and operate the robots to perform a variety of move, lift, and carry maneuvers and more…
Ottawa Day Camps in Robotics Offer Many Benefits
- Students will learn a basic but strong understanding of the functionality of robotics.
- Students develop creativity and problem-solving skills along with other important mathematics and science knowledge. They learn to improvise and create new ways of building and programming existing robots.
- Students become more skilled in communication, organization and research, which helps prepare them for future success in higher levels of schooling and in the workplace.
- Children learn to follow verbal instructions from the instructor as well as follow written instructions from tutorials.
- Students will experience hands-on construction of a mechanical and electronic device that can be used in a number of autonomous functions.
- Students will learn to work cooperatively and communicate effectively in small groups to achieve a specific goal.
- Students will enjoy greater confidence with science, math, and technology related subjects in school. After this experience, students will approach school science projects at a higher level of accomplishment.
- Students will have a better understanding of technology related occupations such as mechanical and electrical engineering, designing and manufacturing, and robotics which is becoming increasingly popular due to industrial demand now, and in the future.
- Children will learn to associate educational activities with fun and interest. This will help develop their attitudes and motivation in choosing constructive, worth-while activities later in life.
Robotics Course Outline
Courses run ten hours over a four week time period of two and a half hours per session held every weekend.
Students assemble and program a variety of robots that perform tasks such as:
Responding to remote controls
Stopping in front of walls
Teeing off with a practice golf ball
Bumping into objects and maneuvering away
Responding to sound
Following a line
And much more… (See Videos)
Register your child today, Call 613 800‑0934